JG
Posted By
Jim Gifford
Sep 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ll bet this question has been answered elsewhere but I can’t find it.

Is there any way to have Photoshop 7 load just a subset of the "possible" plugins. I have a large number of plugins that I use occasionally, a much smaller subset that I use regularly. Because of all the plugins, it takes an age for Photoshop to load. Is there a way I can have Photoshop load a selected set of plugins at startup time. Alternatively, is there a way I can load up with my "standard" plugins and elect to look at a larger set while running the program?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
LenHewitt
Sep 20, 2003
Jim,

One workaround is to create a "plug-out" folder and move your less frequently used plugins to that folder – it’s not a major hassle to just drag the one you want back over the plugins folder when required.
P
Phosphor
Sep 20, 2003
Even with a thousand plugins, it shouldn’t take over 30 seconds to load (on the most crippled machine I know of). If it’s taking longer, you need to look for other problems, or non-plugin files littering the plugins folder.

No, you cannot load plugins once Photoshop has launched.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections