TC
Posted By
tony cooper
Mar 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When photographing small, reflective objects, I use blue EBW bulbs with a 4800K rating in external floods. They’re expensive, available only from a store on the other side of town, and have a short life. Incandescent (tungsten) bulbs have a 3000K output, and give the images a very yellowish tinge. I shoot on a white background.

I shoot with a calibration card in the background so I can set the black, white, and gray points in Curves. That adjusts the yellow out, but it makes the object look stark.

Is there a way of adjusting the image in Photoshop 7 to match the 4800K bulb results with 3000K tungstens? Preferably a series of steps that can be made into an action?

Tony Cooper
Orlando FL

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
RSD99
Mar 28, 2005
Try the ‘Color Temperature and Exposure Correction’ plugin … at the Adobe Studio web site or directly from the author(s) at

http://plugin.artdesign.ru/

"Tony Cooper" wrote in message
When photographing small, reflective objects, I use blue EBW bulbs with a 4800K rating in external floods. They’re expensive, available only from a store on the other side of town, and have a short life. Incandescent (tungsten) bulbs have a 3000K output, and give the images a very yellowish tinge. I shoot on a white background.

I shoot with a calibration card in the background so I can set the black, white, and gray points in Curves. That adjusts the yellow out, but it makes the object look stark.

Is there a way of adjusting the image in Photoshop 7 to match the 4800K bulb results with 3000K tungstens? Preferably a series of steps that can be made into an action?

Tony Cooper
Orlando FL
S
seaside
Mar 28, 2005
Tony

Try http://www.mediachance.com/digicam/filtersim.htm
or http://www.opanda.com/en/pf/index.html

both of which are freeware.

Tony Cooper wrote:

N
nomail
Mar 28, 2005
Tony Cooper wrote:

You do not mention what kind of camera you use, but because you are talking about Photoshop afterwards, I presume it’s a digital camera. Most digital cameras have manual white balance settings for a range of lighting conditions, including tungsten. I would start there before trying to correct anything in Photoshop.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections