JE
Posted By
jim evans
Mar 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would swear that a while back I found a place in Photoshop where I could vary the color temperature of the image. My memory of it is that as I moved a slider the color temperature value changed in a text box such that, for example, I could vary the color temperature from 10000° K (cold blue/white light) to 4000° K (warm/orange light) and the image cast went from cold to warm. I just spent about 45 minutes hunting for this control (filter?) without success. I’m about to conclude I dreamed it. Anybody know if PS has this feature and if so where I can find it?

jim

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AM
Andrew Morton
Mar 30, 2005
Would that have been when you were importing a .raw image?

Andrew
J
jjs
Mar 30, 2005
"jim evans" wrote in message
I would swear that a while back I found a place in Photoshop where I could vary the color temperature of the image.[…]

Would that be the photo filters? (image adjustment menu)?
B
Brian
Mar 30, 2005
jim evans wrote:
I would swear that a while back I found a place in Photoshop where I could vary the color temperature of the image. My memory of it is that as I moved a slider the color temperature value changed in a text box such that, for example, I could vary the color temperature from 10000° K (cold blue/white light) to 4000° K (warm/orange light) and the image cast went from cold to warm. I just spent about 45 minutes hunting for this control (filter?) without success. I’m about to conclude I dreamed it. Anybody know if PS has this feature and if so where I can find it?

jim

Hi Jim,

There are a couple of sites on the net that have "free" photographic filter simulators. One is a wratten filter simulator, the other is a cokin/hoya/kodak filter simulator. They appear to be fairly authentic at first glance.

If this sounds of any interest to you I can dig up the URL’s for those sites for you.

Brian.
JE
jim evans
Mar 30, 2005
On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 00:29:16 +1000, Brian
wrote:

jim evans wrote:

jim

Hi Jim,

There are a couple of sites on the net that have "free" photographic filter simulators. One is a wratten filter simulator, the other is a cokin/hoya/kodak filter simulator. They appear to be fairly authentic at first glance.

If this sounds of any interest to you I can dig up the URL’s for those sites for you.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

As jjs mentioned, CS has wratten filter simulators. What I was imagining is a continuous scale that runs up and down the color temperature scale. I guess I just dreamed it.

Oh yes, no I didn’t see it while importing raw but that’s the kind of thing I’m looking for.

jim
CF
Craig Flory
Mar 30, 2005
One other way is to click image > adjustments > color balance. Then you do have sliders to change color balance.

Craig
B
Brian
Mar 31, 2005
Hi Jim,

Thanks to everyone who replied.

As jjs mentioned, CS has wratten filter simulators. What I was imagining is a continuous scale that runs up and down the color temperature scale. I guess I just dreamed it.

Oh yes, no I didn’t see it while importing raw but that’s the kind of thing I’m looking for.

jim

Hi Jim,

I realise the filter simulators are not what you are wanting. Just wanted to mention that the sites I was talking about offer a far more complete and comrephensive set of filters than the 4 or so wratten filters in PS by default.

Regards,
Brian.
MG
m.golner
Apr 2, 2005
jim evans wrote:

jim

There’s a shareware Photoshop plugin that does just what you are asking about at:

AGD Color Temperature & Exposure correction Plug-In
http://plugin.artdesign.ru/

I have used it on a couple of occasions and it seems to work fine. I can’t tell from the website what the limitations are in the free download version (I haven’t found any so far), but there is a built-in 15 second delay (nag screen) when you select it from the ‘Filter’ menu within photoshop. Works with V6, 7, CS.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections