P
Posted By
picworx
May 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have shot lots of pics but now its time to post process some of them with Lab Sharpen etc.

I have set-up Photoshop CS with Adobe RGB 1998 but when I open these pics I get a message.

"Embedded Profile Mismatch"

"The document 0123.jpg has an embedded color profile that does not match the current RBG working space. The embedded profile will be used instead of the working space.

If I am to automate my lab sharpening how do I stop this message from popping up on every pic. Is there something on the 10D I need to change?

Thanks Folks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

IL
Ian_Lyons
May 9, 2004
You can easily avoid that particular dialog by using Photoshop "Preferences" from the Edit menu. Naviagate to "File Handling" and actiavte the "Ignore EXIF Profile Tag". This tells Photoshop to ignore the profile mismatch. You will now end up with the "Missing Profile" dialog, but since you can configure the 10D to process images as Adobe RGB (1998) you can choose "Assign working RGB".

BTW: there is no need to use Lab sharpen. It is much safer to apply a large amount of USM in RGB mode and then choose: "Edit>Fade Unsharp Mask". Setting the Mode inside the Fade dialog to Luminosity is equivelent to Lab sharpen. You can then fine tune the amount of shaprening using the Opacity slider.
MA
Mark_Allen
May 10, 2004
Definately, Ian is correct. Use the 10D for shooting without ANY sharpening. ADD it later, you’ll kill the prints. 10D does NOT need sharpening. Believe me. If needs be, pull sharpening down to its lowest setting.

Regards

Mark

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections