Posted By
smithsc
Jul 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Chuck and Ray and others:

I have a Canon 10D DSLR, printing via Elements to a Canon i850 printer. My prints do not even come close to matching the screen. I have tried color management, I’ve read Ian Lyons’ site over and over, I’ve sent images to a local camera store to be printed (also not great) and I’m stumped. I’m using a Mac powerbook G4 and OS 10.2.6. Any tips?

Steve Smith

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 10, 2003
Steve,

Have you tried the "Ignore EXIF" update (not sure if this applies to Mac)? Have you run Adobe Gamma utility (to correct the display on your monitor) ?

From what you told us, your monitor is the first thing to correct, since both at home and at a local printer shop, your prints do not match your monitor. But, one question, does the Canon i850 and the local printer shop results are alike ?

I’m using a Hp 940Cvr. Although results are not "astonishing", they’re satisfactory (my printer is more than two years old and not have color management facility).

Ray

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections