P
Posted By
pvhoffman
Jan 31, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to use the automation interface in a C++ application with Photoshop CS. The application is failing with the call to MakeDescriptor on the application object. This works flawlessly in Photoshop 6 and I have actually had it work with CS on other machines. I’ve uninstalled all versions of Photoshop and reinstalled CS, registered the typelibrary with regtlb, and have tried tweaking the registry by hand without success. I’ve also tried using the version dependant progid to no avail. One of the stranger thing is that I’ve installed the scriptlistener into the plugins folder and the log file produced many calls that are not available in the COM interface, such as CharIDToTypeID. Anybody know anything about what may be causing this?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
pvhoffman
Feb 1, 2007
On Jan 30, 10:09 pm, wrote:
I am trying to use the automation interface in a C++ application with Photoshop CS. The application is failing with the call to MakeDescriptor on the application object. This works flawlessly in Photoshop 6 and I have actually had it work with CS on other machines. I’ve uninstalled all versions of Photoshop and reinstalled CS, registered the typelibrary with regtlb, and have tried tweaking the registry by hand without success. I’ve also tried using the version dependant progid to no avail. One of the stranger thing is that I’ve installed the scriptlistener into the plugins folder and the log file produced many calls that are not available in the COM interface, such as CharIDToTypeID. Anybody know anything about what may be causing this?

To Answer my own question or if there are other C++ programmers out there that want to use the Photoshop CS(2) interface described by the VisualBasic Reference Guide or the Photoshop Scripting Guide, #import(VC++) or TLIBIMP(Borland) ScriptingSupport.8LI from Adobe Photoshop CS2\Plug-Ins\Adobe Photoshop Only\Automate. I personally havn’t had any luck using typelibary.tlb, CoCreateIntance on a Photoshop.Application.8 or Photoshop.Application.9 object always returns the infamous interface not supported HRESULT.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections