MI
Posted By
magic_is_afoot
May 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop Elements 2.0.2 (and Photoshop Album 2.0.1). I have several hundred (maybe thousands) TIF black & white images that are in 24 bit depth. I want to change these to 8 bit color depth. I can see how to convert these by selecting Image-Mode-Grayscale, an image at a time, but I ca’nt find the way to automatically apply these steps to a group of images. In Photoshop Album I can automate some editing tasks to a group of pictures but don’t see any way there of changing to B&W.
I’d appreciate it if anyone could point me in the direction to do this. I am new to Photoshop Elements so I might have missed something obvious, but I have been going through the help file and haven’t found anything.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JH
Jim_Hess
May 10, 2004
A full version of Photoshop will provide you with the ability to record actions, so you can automate a lot of different tasks. Apparently, there is a way to utilize actions created in Photoshop from within Photoshop Elements. I have never pursued learning how to do that because I have both Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. So I do all of my actions in Photoshop. Actually, since I acquired Photoshop CS, I find that I use Elements for less than I did before. But to my knowledge, there is no way to create actions within Elements. You can do some batch processing if what you want to do falls within the limitations, but that is about it.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections