L
Posted By
leonhard
Nov 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Girls and Boys out there, I am quite fat up combining all the snipplet of single scans of parts of a newspaper site.

As long as there are gorgious tools stitching together real panorama photos, there should be something for the lot easier task of stiching together simple scans, not having to do all this perspective correction.
PS Elements has something like this but works only for very small files.

So as I am really longing for a practical solution, saving me all this boring and brainless work, I would appreciate your help.

Is there some plugin for PS? Or are there other recommandable products doing this job?

Olaf

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
leonhard
Nov 13, 2003
Hi again, can’t br true that anybody wants to share his wisdom?
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 13, 2003
No wisdom exists in photoshop proper, at least through version 7. There are panorama plug-ins/utilities, but *I* don’t know which ones they are.

<shrug>
KV
Klaas_Visser
Nov 13, 2003
I would imagine that you could use actions or scripting *if* all your individual portions were of the same size, and had some sort of a sequential file naming system.
L
leonhard
Nov 13, 2003
Well guys, first thanks for your prompt answers. Given that one operates with very unhandy large newspaper, all the proper scans are slightly abitarily rotated against each other. So the process of merging has to include Rotation, Positioning and Blending.

I mean, PS Elements does exactly this, but demands incredible amount of real memory or very small files.

I really would bet a lot that there is a way to run something as well with swap
CW
Colin_Walls
Nov 13, 2003
PS Elements does exactly this

What can PSE do that PS 7 cannot?
GH
Gernot_Hoffmann
Nov 13, 2003
Leonhard,

perhaps you should ask your service provider to use a repro camera for the whole newspaper page.
The result is either a file or a paper print in scanner format.

….old fashioned technologies … outdated …

Best regards —Gernot Hoffmann
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 13, 2003
Leo,

I really would bet a lot that there is a way to run something as well with swap

As Klaas said, possibly with scripting, but really, NO. There isn’t.

Colin,

What can PSE do that PS 7 cannot?

PSE has auto stitching and auto deskew. Exactly what he needs. Photoshop does not have these, until version CS (I’m not sure about stitching, but PSCS has auto deskew)

Peace,
Tony
CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 13, 2003
PSCS has an improved version of PhotoMerge as well.
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 13, 2003
Chris, don’t you know that that is like dangling a bottle of booze in front of a reformed alcoholic. Damn!
CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 13, 2003
More like blowing said booze on a flame 😉
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 13, 2003
heh! do it tony! you know you want to! just one little hit! no one will tell!
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 13, 2003
More like blowing said booze on a flame

Now what kind of mind thinks like that? I knew there was something I liked about you.

<voice of Bill Murray> Chris my friend, we have to party. You’re a wild man.</voice of Bill Murray>
BO
Burton_Ogden
Nov 14, 2003
Olaf,

…there should be something for the lot easier task of stiching together simple scans…

One of the original purposes of PanaVue’s Image Assembler was to deal with the size limitations of scanners. To quote from their product description,

Scanner Enhancer. Increased scanner capacities. Very versatile, its TWAIN compatibility lets it directly import images from a scanner. It then becomes extremely easy, with PanaVue ImageAssembler, to digitize an image which dimensions exceed those of the scanner. All you have to do is scan the image in multiple parts and stitch them back together. As in photo stitching, the precision obtained is so good that it is usually impossible to tell that you are looking at a rebuilt image.

One of the options of Image Assembler is to stitch flat images that have no perspective. For more information see:

<http://www.panavue.com/products/index.htm#ImageAssembler>

— Burton — (not associated with PanaVue)
L
leonhard
Nov 14, 2003
Hei Burton, I definetly have a look at panavue’s images assembler. Do you use it yourself? Olaf

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections