How to automatically open TIFs and JPGs with CS2???

AT
Posted By
Amanda_Trumble
May 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had all my photos set to open with Photoshop 7 when I double clicked on them. I just upgraded to CS2 and I can’t get them to open in it!
I’ve tried right-clicking on them and choosing Open With. CS2 isn’t listed in the programs so I choose to Browse. I find the CS2.exe file, double click it and it does nothing.
I’ve also tried right-clicking on the file, choosing Properties and changing the Opens With, but again the same thing happens: nothing.
I’ve tried opening CS2, opening a jpg or tif file, then saving it hoping that would make a difference, but it hasn’t.
I’ve also tried restarting my computer.
Any suggestions??

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
LenHewitt
May 2, 2005
See the Forum FAQs
AT
Amanda_Trumble
May 2, 2005
Can you give me a little more information please? I searched the titles and can’t find anything that sounds like my problem.
Thanks
L
LenHewitt
May 2, 2005
Amanda,

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.ef85de5

(Yes I KNOW it says PS7, but worth checking)
DM
dave_milbut
May 3, 2005
In adobe bridge, go to

Edit> Prefrences> File Type Associations.

Whee! New feature!
DE
david_evanson
May 3, 2005
Dave,
I think that only applies to opening files from within Bridge – I still had to do a bit of tweaking in windows explorer tools->folder options->file types to get PS to open some types of image files from windows explorer (JP2 and JPF).
B
BobLevine
May 3, 2005
FWIW, there’s definitely something wacky with the installer…at least for the whole suite…at least on my system.

I had one hell of a time trying to associate files with CS2. It kept defaulting back to either CS1 or worse, Windows fax viewer.

I wound up deleting some file types from the list and adding them back in manually. I still can’t get JPGs to open PS CS2 when linking them in InDesign. But I’m not going to work on that since I only use them for drafts and turn them into PSDs pretty quickly.

Bob
PH
Photo_Help
May 3, 2005
I always just have windows explorer open and drag and drop into Photoshop. If I double click an image I just want to view it not open it for editing. PSD is the only file type I even have associated with Photoshop.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections