GF
Posted By
Greyson Forkyurner
Sep 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve recently heard that there is now a version of Linux that supports PS7. Has anybody here tried it, and did it show any advantage over Windows?

TIA

GF

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

S
Stephan
Sep 21, 2004
"Greyson Forkyurner" wrote in message
I’ve recently heard that there is now a version of Linux that supports
PS7.
Has anybody here tried it, and did it show any advantage over Windows?
Unless you love spending a lot of time fiddling around your PC stay with Windows or Mac OS.
I played with the though of switching myself until I saw my "Linux is the future", but very bright cousin spend a good time coding around to get his machine to see my external USB2/Fire wire drive.
I had to give up and that was then end of the story for me. Now if you want to still want to have a taste of Linux search for KNOPPIX, it runs Linux from a CD (no install or anything else) and includes the Gimp.

Stephan
R
Ryadia_
Sep 21, 2004
Stephan wrote:

"Greyson Forkyurner" wrote in message

I’ve recently heard that there is now a version of Linux that supports

PS7.

Has anybody here tried it, and did it show any advantage over Windows?

Unless you love spending a lot of time fiddling around your PC stay with Windows or Mac OS.
I played with the though of switching myself until I saw my "Linux is the future", but very bright cousin spend a good time coding around to get his machine to see my external USB2/Fire wire drive.
I had to give up and that was then end of the story for me. Now if you want to still want to have a taste of Linux search for KNOPPIX, it runs Linux from a CD (no install or anything else) and includes the Gimp.
Stephan
The version you seek is produced by code weavers and it’s the old Corel Linux re birthed. Corel was based on Debian Linux and until Microsoft bought into Corel and stopped development, looked like developing into a viable Windows alternative.

Code weavers claim to fame is "Cross over office" a very tricky piece of code that allows you to run Windows programs under Linux Photoshop 6 and 7 is very functional under crossover. The best place for your to start is hear: http://www.codeweavers.com/site/partners/lugs/

Ryadia

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections