D
Posted By
dokee
May 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello to you all! I have recently purchased a scanner with AdobePhotoshop album included (bundled) in the package.
During installation it required a serial number. however there is no serial number attached or included on or in the shrinkfit wrapper.

I have visited the Adobe site and it seems the only option is to telephone the USA for assistance re serials. not a good solution for a someone residing outside the USA. Yes I’ve tried the local area option from the main Adobe site only to be returned to the main US page.

Can anyone help? I feel that I am justified in requesting this assistance as the software is probably a crippled version anyway and appears to be dated 12-02. Secondly I cannot evaluate the software if I cannot use it.

Win XP

Many thanks,

Bob.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

T
Tabasco1
May 26, 2004
I used to work with a big named scanner company and know about Adobe registration numbers.

So here is what you need to do.

Call you scanner companies techsupport line and explained that to them. If there was a LARGE number of missing numbers they may have already have some new numbers there waiting your call. If it is the one in a thousand that some how the number got lost or never made it in with the product they will check with a manager and see about getting you a serial number.

IF you are real nice and ask they might might might offer you a temporary number. If they do don’t register with the number instead wait until you get the real number to register.

Charles
Torrance, California
http://www.tcpslashipdomains.com

"Bob." wrote in message
Hello to you all! I have recently purchased a scanner with AdobePhotoshop album included (bundled) in the package.
During installation it required a serial number. however there is no serial number attached or included on or in the shrinkfit wrapper.
I have visited the Adobe site and it seems the only option is to telephone the USA for assistance re serials. not a good solution for a someone residing outside the USA. Yes I’ve tried the local area option from the main Adobe site only to be returned to the main US page.
Can anyone help? I feel that I am justified in requesting this assistance as the software is probably a crippled version anyway and appears to be dated 12-02. Secondly I cannot evaluate the software if I cannot use it.

Win XP

Many thanks,

Bob.
R
Roberto
May 27, 2004
Did you look on the back of the jewel case? This is where adobe puts them. Otherwise you will have to contact the scanner maker for one.

Jerry

"Bob." wrote in message

Win XP

Many thanks,

Bob.
D
dokee
May 29, 2004
On Thu, 27 May 2004 07:01:17 +1000, Bob. wrote:

Thanks for you advice, but as it is an old demo version I will not bother to take the time contacting the scanner manufacturer which may not prove fruitful anyway.

The CD was in a paper envelope with a clear front with nothing printed or written on it at all.

Thanks again for your advice.

Bob.
R
Roberto
May 29, 2004
You didn’t mention "DEMO" version. A demo version isn’t going to have a serial number since it is a "DEMO". Demos only work for like 30 days or something so that you can try the software out and see if you want to buy the full version.

Jerry

"Bob" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 May 2004 07:01:17 +1000, Bob. wrote:

Thanks for you advice, but as it is an old demo version I will not bother to take the time contacting the scanner manufacturer which may not prove fruitful anyway.

The CD was in a paper envelope with a clear front with nothing printed or written on it at all.

Thanks again for your advice.

Bob.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections