CL
Posted By
Charles_Linskey
Dec 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have had an upgrade issue which I have tried to resolve, but I am getting no satisfaction with. Could you please send me an email address/contact at Adobe to write to?

I purchased my Photoshop 5.5 upgrade in 1999 from pcconnection. In order to install and run PS5.5, I had to enter a serial number from my previous version of Photoshop. My upgrade to Photoshop 5.5 came from my purchase of Adobe Imageready. (Yes- Imageready was a separate product before it was munged into Photoshop.)
Adobe had an upgrade path from Imageready to Photoshop. I took advantage of this – and upgraded to 5.5 through PCConnection. All I had to do was enter my Imageready serial number on installation of Photoshop- no problem.

However, I want to upgrade to Photoshop – latest version – Creative Suite Premium if I can. I called Adobe. To be more specific, I have called Adobe many times. I have been in "hold hell" a long time every day for a few days, and for over a week now.

I run through the same routine, where I get put on hold at the beginning of a call, then speak to someone, give a case number, get put on hold for a while, then get asked for a Photoshop number, explain my upgrade from Imageready serial number for it, get put on hold for a while, then get told to hold, wait for a call back, get requested to call back, etc. I feel like the support people are getting paid by the number of calls they can resolve quickly. No offense intended to the support individuals.
A complex issue such as mine is not a beneficial use of their time, I assume, so I get blown off. Hung up on. Told to call back. Told they will call me back. After persisting, here is my status:

My upgrade issue is "re-serialization" – my serial number (for Imageready)did not work to get an upgrade to CS. It worked for the Version 5.5 upgrade, but not any more. As requested, I faxed in my receipt of purchase, I have been given a case number -5800578, but when I call, No one has a final answer- and I get told that they will call me, wait for a call, please call back in an hour, etc. They have to speak to someone else who makes the decision, but can’t do it right now. I would like a written explanation, if I cannot upgrade my Photoshop- but so far no one has said "no"– but no one has said "yes" either.

If anyone from Adobe reads this could you please send me an email address to write to? I understand that this kind of thing takes time, I have been patient. BTW-I also own Acrobat, Illusrator, GoLive. I want to upgrade to the Creative Suite, so I can just have one serial number to upgrade. The only product upgrade path to Creative Suite is through Photoshop, so I have to resolve this.

I hope I am being clear. I looked at the FAQs before writing- has this been addressed by others already?
Has anyone encountered issues in the past from owning ImageReady?

Thank you in advance.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 13, 2003
I’ve posted a link in forum ops to this thread, maybe john c can help you out…

dave
JC
John_Cornicello
Dec 16, 2003
I’ll follow up with Customer Service and find out what’s going on. Thanks for putting the case # in there, that will help.

John
M
MarkATS
Dec 16, 2003
Hopefully they’ll get this figured out for you soon. I believe you should be entitled to get the CS upgrade.
CL
Charles_Linskey
Dec 16, 2003
Thank you John,
I look forward to hearing back from someone.
CL

I will keep checking here for a reply?
JC
John_Cornicello
Dec 16, 2003
No, they should contact you directly. Is the email address you have in your forum registration current?

John
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 16, 2003
(thank you john!)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections