R
Posted By
Rastamon
Feb 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I produced an invitation for a going away party for my co-worker, who is going to Iraq. At home I saved it as a Jpeg, not Jpeg 2000, and printed it. It printed out perfectly, so I threw it on a disk to be printed in large quantites at work (on the color printer). When I open it at work it shows a previous text layer, that I had evidently left in the graphic when I saved as Jpeg. How can a text layer show through when it is in a format that doesn’t support layers? Especially, considering that it printed fine at home?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Rastamon
Feb 19, 2004
Oh yeah, I’m using PS 7
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 19, 2004
you probably had the text layer hidden at home and printed it before the final save to jpg that flattened the file.
R
Rastamon
Feb 19, 2004
Dave, so you are thinking that maybe I had the text layer hidden when I printed it at home, and then just before I saved it, I unhid that text layer? It sounds feasible to me, but I will check the file when I get home tonight. Thanks for the input.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 20, 2004
as jpg doesn’t support layers it might become "un-hid" when you flatten it.
RL
Ron_Li_ppert
Feb 20, 2004
Adobe Photo 8.0 with Image Ready) When I save a Graphic or Photo in (none compressed) TIFF format Grayscale or color Preflight rejects it as
"Color or grayscale graphic was saved with JPEG cpmpression" ???????? which it wasn’t. HELP

Thanks –
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 20, 2004
ron, i’d post a new topic to get the most eyes on this. sorry i don’t use preflight.

dave
R
Rastamon
Feb 24, 2004

O.K. Dave, Mea Culpa. I went home and looked at the original Tiff that I produced the Jpeg from, and it still had the text layer showing! The only mitigating factors to my dunderheadedness is that I had worked a 12 hour day, a one-hour bus ride home, and then another five hours on Photoshop. So by the time of my final save to Jpeg I was hallucinating. Today, I got some mega compliments on the job, and they produced three poster sized printouts for all three entrances to the building. Thanks. Tonight’s smoke is in your honor!
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 25, 2004
excellent rasta! mmm… smells nice!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections