B
Posted By
bnice
Feb 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to install Photoshop 8.0CS on Windows 2000. I already have Photoshop 7.0.1 installed. Once I install Photshop 8.0CS and fire it up I come up with the error that "an attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format". Once I hit ok to this I get another error that "A required application library failed to load and the product cannnot continue. Please reinstall the application". I have already tried reinstalling the application to no avail. I need help!! Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 12, 2004
You didn’t install CS on top of 7.0 did you?

Bob
B
bnice
Feb 12, 2004
Yes I did. I thought you have to have previous version installed already. When I tried installing it w/o any previous versions installed it asked to verify that I owned a previous version by searching the cd, the hardrive, etc.
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 12, 2004
What I meant was, did you install it in the same folder as PS 7? If so, you’ve created a mess which needs to be cleaned up. You’ll need to uninstall 7 and CS and reinstall CS.

If not, come on back and we’ll keep trying.

Bob
RO
Robert_Oliver
Feb 12, 2004
Try removing both and then just reinstalling Photoshop CS. As long as you have a PS7 CD handy you don’t need to have PS7 installed to install PSCS.
B
bnice
Feb 13, 2004
I reloaded my machine and tried that no go. I tried installing CS w/o any previous versions and used the Photoshop 6.0 to verify the previous license. I am still getting the same error when I launch CS. Is CS dependent on any other Adobe Product or anything?? This machine is bare with basically just the operating system and a couple programs. Thanks for your help.
MK
Monte_Krause
Feb 13, 2004
….you might need to trash this folder: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe" – the ADOBE folder. That is assuming the re are no other Adobe applications on your computer.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 13, 2004
Is CS dependent on any other Adobe Product or anything??

make sure you have at least sp3 loaded on your win2k.
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 13, 2004
Dave,

I don’t think it would even install if that were the case.

bnice,

Was this a clean install of Windows 2000?

Bob
B
bnice
Feb 13, 2004
It is a ghost image of a machine that I use to repackage software.
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 13, 2004
Was the original a clean install?

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 13, 2004
is it sp3 or better?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections