CH
Posted By
Charles Hitt
Apr 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I searched and could not find same issue.

I have verified requirements and turned virus protection software off. Trying to install on XP Pro.

I can get through the license agreement. Then selected radio button for tryout for 30 days and click next. I have tried changing the user name and company as well from the defaults but it does not change the result. The next window indicates that PS can not install without a valid serial number. Since this is tryout, I do not have a valid serial number and the process dead ends.

I had installed and then uninstalled a tryout version of CS a number months ago. Not sure if this has any impact. Perhaps something in registry that needs to be reset?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

HM
Henrik_Meier
Apr 30, 2005
The Adobe Knowledge Base has articles on how to remove CS software manually with some folders and registry editing.
That takes long time. Before, you may try another thing: Log in with a user name that’s different from what you had for the CS1 software, and try to install and run CS2 then.
Good luck.
C
Comberman
Apr 30, 2005
When you install a trial version of Ps a small "countdown" file is installed. This can be a Registry entry or (as in most trial software installs) a hidden or virtually unrecognisable .dll file which is lodged in the Win systems folder. (Don’t know about Mac). It is this file which determine when the trial period expires and creates the ‘Register Now’ prompt when the software is loaded. Under certain circumstances, this countdown file is not de-installed and continues to monitor even after the application has been removed from the system. If you are not happy about removing this manually you will need something like "Registry Mechanic" to dispose of any residual install files or registry entries. If this does not work the alternative (drastic move !!!) is to reinstall Windows. Basically, when you install trial software the developers give you 30 days to evaluate it. After that it’s either lose it or buy it which is only right and fair.
CE
Cathu_Erun
May 1, 2005
Ah, but I have the very same problem, and I have never downloaded or installed any previous version of Photoshop. Would this still be connected with the .dll files Comberman spoke about?
C
Comberman
May 1, 2005
Cathu Erun
Now this is a weird one 🙂 I wouldn’t have thought that this problem would arise in your situation. I can think of only one possibility and it’s a longshot, a very, very longshot (in other words I’m grasping at straws!!): just supposing in the past you installed some trial software and then de-installed it, leaving a little countdown dll in your system. Perhaps the Ps install criteria is latching on to this "alien" dll and confusing it with a genuine Adobe one. Gawd, I can’t believe I’m actually suggesting this; the mind boggles! 🙁 I hope you get your problem sorted out. By the way I love your handle, sounds like you’re a bit of a Celt like myself. Either that or your a fan of…wassisname…who wrote ‘Colour out of space’.
Regards
PD
Patrick_Donegan
May 1, 2005
Similar problem: I was able to install CS2, but upon starting CS2 and choosing File/Browse…, I get the following error message,

Bridge.exe – Unable to Locate DLL
The dynamic link library libagli18n28.dll could not be found in the specified path C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge;.;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT\system;C:\WINNT;C:\Progr am Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem.

I tried reinstalling CS2 Tryout, then restarting the PC, but this did not help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections