JH
Posted By
Jenni_Horsnell
Aug 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Will I have problems installing photoshop CS3 on a new desktop machine? CS3 has already been installed on my laptop and my old desktop but with the later, the motherboard needs replacing and the computer doesn’t work so I can’t deactivate the software.

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

F
Freeagent
Aug 1, 2008
You’ll have to call Adobe once you have it installed because your two activations are used up.

But don’t worry – it’s a breeze and they’ll give you a new activation code without problems, if you just take a few seconds to explain what happened. I’ve done it twice.

Install first and click activation by phone. Call the number that comes up for your country.
JH
Jenni_Horsnell
Aug 1, 2008
Thankyou very much. 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 1, 2008
You’ll have to call Adobe once you have it installed because your two activations are used up.

maybe. the activation count recycles and resets after a period of time. where you get to use them again. someone said 6 mos., but i don’t know for sure.
F
Freeagent
Aug 1, 2008
I doubt it, I think that was for CS and/or CS2. Now it’s 20 activations > call for 5 more.

During last fall and winter I did a lot of hardware tune-ups and component-swapping, and just as a precaution I deactivated every time. Not smart as we now know, because the next time I needed a regular new-system activation I found myself up against the 20-activation limit and had to call.

The point of this long story is that a 6-month recycle would have come in the middle of this and cleared me.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 1, 2008
Now it’s 20 activations > call for 5 more.

I think that’s total activations that bob was quoting FA. i’ve never heard anything saying they changed the reset policy. that’s pretty much standard procedure with hacktivation schemes since MS introduced it with XP.

I could be wrong though. anyway, i was just telling the original poster don’t be surprised if the activation goes through on line and you don’t have to call.
F
Freeagent
Aug 1, 2008
OK. Try that first Jenni.
JH
Jenni_Horsnell
Aug 1, 2008
OK. Thanks for the info. I will try activating first, then if that fails, I’ll have to call them.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections