CB
Posted By
Cabalka_Blake
Feb 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to stop photoshop from importing through my camera when I plug the camera into the computer?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Feb 9, 2004
Unless the new RAW camera support has something to do with that behavior, which would surprise me, then I’d have to guess that it isn’t Photoshop taking control of the import as it is the camera’s import module. If there is some way for you to tell the import module what application to launch when importing images, then it may be that you have PS selected and need to change that. Or, maybe the import module has some setting to automatically begin downloading, and that setting may need to be disabled.

Reading your question again, maybe I’ve misinterpreted it. So, I’ll ask this:

1. Are you saying that with Photoshop closed, plugging your camera into your PC results in Photoshop being launched automatically and the importing begins? (this was my interpretation) OR

2. Are you saying that with Photoshop already open, plugging in your camera triggers the import to begin?

It may be helpful to identify what camera you are using, as well as what version of Photoshop.

Regards,

Daryl
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 9, 2004
you may have selected "always use this action" in the past when you plugged the camera in (selecting import into ps). i think you can reset it by using the scanner and camera wizard in the control panel.
ND
Nick_Decker
Feb 9, 2004
Cabalka, are you using Nikon View? If so, have a look in your Preferences (Edit>Preferences) at your Auto Launch setting. Also (not in Preferences) go to File>Edit using other programs, and see what that’s set for.

If you’re not using Nikon View, please disregard.

Nick

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections