Real Newbee – How Do I Import Photos From My Digital Camera Into PS6?

T
Posted By
Theodorus
Jul 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone please tell me how I import my photos from my digital camera into Photoshop 6 on my computer via a USB cable? I’m brandnew at this?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

V
Voivod
Jul 12, 2004
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:25:52 +1200, "Theodorus" scribbled:

Can anyone please tell me how I import my photos from my digital camera into Photoshop 6 on my computer via a USB cable? I’m brandnew at this?

RTFM for fuck’s sake.
E
edjh
Jul 12, 2004
Theodorus wrote:
I wouldn’t try importing them directly into Photoshop. Just drag them to a folder on your hard drive and open them from there.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
T
toosano
Jul 12, 2004
I would lose the usb cable and buy a $10.00 Smart Media Card reader/writer that plugs into a usb slot. Then you can instantly drag them into any folder you create, as edjh pointed out.
It’s infinitely faster than hooking a cable up to your cam.

"Theodorus" wrote in message
Can anyone please tell me how I import my photos from my digital camera
into
Photoshop 6 on my computer via a USB cable? I’m brandnew at this?
TR
Tiemen Rapati
Jul 12, 2004
Well, I have to agree with Voivod on this one. Try the manual.

With my Nikon I do use the cable. The card reader we got got unstable because the pins inside got bend (while we’re not so hard handed, really) And it seemed a bit pointless to take the CF card out to put it in the reader while the camera functioned quite well as a reader itself.

I my case just plugging the cable in resulted in Win XP detecting the CF card as a storage device, and I could just open it as a removable disk. Nothing particulary complicating about it.

Regards,
Tiemen

"Voivod" wrote in message

into

RTFM for fuck’s sake.
C
Canopus
Jul 12, 2004
in article , Theodorus at
wrote on 07/12/2004 2:25 AM:

Try reading the instructions.
V
Voivod
Jul 12, 2004
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:20:53 +0200, "Tiemen Rapati" scribbled:

With my Nikon I do use the cable. The card reader we got got unstable because the pins inside got bend (while we’re not so hard handed, really) And it seemed a bit pointless to take the CF card out to put it in the reader while the camera functioned quite well as a reader itself.

The camera is going to be slower than the card reader and unless you’re powering it externally you’re wasting battery life using the camera to transfer them that way. Get a better card reader. I’ve had my PNY reader for nearly two years and it’s performance has been flawless.

I my case just plugging the cable in resulted in Win XP detecting the CF card as a storage device, and I could just open it as a removable disk. Nothing particulary complicating about it.

Regards,
Tiemen

into

RTFM for fuck’s sake.

T
toosano
Jul 12, 2004
"Tiemen Rapati" wrote in message
Look, if Voided and his gang can post their self justifying tripe here, anyone should be able to ask any question here, no matter what the NG bullies think. In real life they are surely the biggest pussies in their office cubbies.

Yes, newer digital cams work download fast like that. However, smaller or older ones are quite slow and the media reader works 50 times faster.
V
Voivod
Jul 12, 2004
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:53:25 -0400, "watashee" scribbled:

Look, if Voided and his gang can post their self justifying tripe here,

Name lames are so grammar school, are you 11 or as I asked before are you brain damaged?

anyone should be able to ask any question here, no matter what the NG

Did anyone tell him he couldn’t ask his question? Did anyone delete his question so you couldn’t read it? Was his question answered? Why yes, it was. So instead of playing the lamer, why don’t YOU answer his question.. Oh, that’s right, you’re just a pathetic troll…
TR
Tiemen Rapati
Jul 12, 2004
Yep. Indeed you have to use an adapter when you transfer files when not using a card reader. But OK.
I’m glad I’ve learned something from you and was not instantaneously addressed as a moron for not using a card reader! 😉

tnx

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:20:53 +0200, "Tiemen Rapati" scribbled:

The camera is going to be slower than the card reader and unless you’re powering it externally you’re wasting battery life using the camera to transfer them that way. Get a better card reader. I’ve had my PNY reader for nearly two years and it’s performance has been flawless.

Regards,
Tiemen

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:25:52 +1200, "Theodorus"

scribbled:

Can anyone please tell me how I import my photos from my digital
camera
into

RTFM for fuck’s sake.
C
Canopus
Jul 12, 2004
in article
wrote on 07/12/2004 6:53 AM:

Look, if Voided and his gang can post their self justifying tripe here…

Who is forcing you to read it?

anyone should be able to ask any question here…

What is stopping you?

no matter what the NG
bullies think

Do you feel bullied? I am not bulling you. I can’t bully you. This is a newsgroup. How bullied you feel is totally up to you.

In real life they are surely the biggest pussies in their office cubbies.

You are projecting your own state of mind.
T
toosano
Jul 12, 2004
Voided, meet Can-Of-Puss. Can-of-Puss, meet Voided.
<Insert circle jerk here>
blah, blah, blah.
Don’t forget to aim at each others faces.

Name lames are so grammar school, are you 11 or as I asked before are you brain damaged?

Did anyone tell him he couldn’t ask his question? Did anyone delete his question so you couldn’t read it? Was his question answered? Why yes, it was. So instead of playing the lamer, why don’t YOU answer his question.. Oh, that’s right, you’re just a pathetic troll…

V
Voivod
Jul 12, 2004
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:44:38 -0400, "watashee" scribbled:

blah, blah, blah.

You seem to have an obsession with male genitalia, is there something you’re suppressing?

TR
Tiemen Ratipati
Jul 12, 2004
in article
wrote on 07/12/2004 8:44 AM:

blah, blah, blah.

You are projecting your own state of mind. How cute.

hahahaha.
T
toosano
Jul 12, 2004
It’s the picture you paint, voided. Easy to see that all of your rambling are of the sexual frustration type.

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:44:38 -0400, "watashee" scribbled:

blah, blah, blah.

You seem to have an obsession with male genitalia, is there something you’re suppressing?

Look, if Voided and his gang can post their self justifying tripe
here,

Did anyone tell him he couldn’t ask his question? Did anyone delete his question so you couldn’t read it? Was his question answered? Why yes,
it
was. So instead of playing the lamer, why don’t YOU answer his question.. Oh, that’s right, you’re just a pathetic troll…
TR
Tiemen Ratipati
Jul 12, 2004
in article
wrote on 07/12/2004 9:21 AM:

It’s the picture you paint, voided. Easy to see that all of your rambling are of the sexual frustration type.

You are projecting your own state of mind.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections