R
Posted By
Roberto
Jun 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can the clone stamp sample from two layers merged together?

E.g. if I have a background layer, then on top I have a "channel mixer" adjustment layer that turns the background into monochrome, then on top I have a third blank layer.
Can I sample the result of bottom two layers (i.e. the monochrome image) and clone it on the third layer, without first flattening the bottom two layers?

The slow solution is to do a copy merged with the bottom two layers visible, then paste into a new layer, then clone from that layer. I’m looking for something that requires less intermediate steps.

The solution should work regardless of the type of adjustment layer (the middle layer).

I have photoshop 6. However, if the solution requires a newer version, please post anyway; it would give me an incentive to upgrade.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Bill Hilton
Jun 27, 2005
Can the clone stamp sample from two layers merged together? I have photoshop 6.

Can’t remember for sure with 6, but there should be an option for ‘use all layers’, which will do exactly what you want, at least in the later versions.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections