Posted By
weil91
Jan 12, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Happy 2005,

Is there a way to access the color channels in PSE3? In PS8 I access these from the layers window.

TIA,

Conrad

Conrad Weiler
Camp Sherman, Oregon

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JD
John Doe
Jan 12, 2005
Channels are available to plug-ins that need them but there is no user interface to access them with for the user. So no. You need the full very of Photoshop for that.

John

"Conrad Weiler" wrote in message
Happy 2005,

Is there a way to access the color channels in PSE3? In PS8 I access these from
the layers window.

TIA,

Conrad

Conrad Weiler
Camp Sherman, Oregon
MR
Mike Russell
Jan 13, 2005
Conrad Weiler wrote:
Happy 2005,

Is there a way to access the color channels in PSE3? In PS8 I access these from the layers window.

The current demo version of Curvemeister will view, cut, and paste individual channels, as well as a few other things.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
F
fersman4
Jan 15, 2005
Elements doesn’t have channels directly accessible. But I know of two solutions to you question:

1. Buy "The Hidden Power of Photoshop Elements 3" by Richard Lynch, which has effects that will create new layers as the different channels. Chapter 2 has the 42 steps that are used to create those layers, so if you find the book in the bookstore…

2. Use Paul Shipley’s "Extra Tools" (his page is http://member.melbpc.org.au/~pshipley/ and there is a link to download his tools). This package has effects that will show you the individual channel, which is pretty neat. BUT, I don’t think the channel displayed is truly accurate, because if you compare between the hidden power tool (which is based upon color theory) and shipley’s tool (I don’t know what it is based upon), Shipley’s channel will appear slightly brighter.

I’m sure this will help you. Good Luck!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections