MP
Posted By
Melissa_Plymal
Apr 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I posted this question about a month ago when I was trying to learn how to select an object in a picture to leave as colored but make the rest of the photo black and white. I got great help and have mastered that small task. My new question is how do I select several objects to do this with. For example: I have a photo of my niece that I would like to have the ball she is holding and her shoes (which are both the same color) to remain color but turn the rest of the picture black and white. When I get one of the two selected and then try to select the other, the first one isn’t selected any more. Please help. This is probably so simply but over my head nonetheless. Thank you!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MM
Mac_McDougald
Apr 17, 2004
Hold SHIFT to make additional selection.

If you get very involved with all that, you can save selections, call them back up later in the editing.

Mac
CF
Callum_Ferguson
Apr 17, 2004
Melissa,!
Someone clever answered that question some time ago – the subject was "how do i do this" – The method was simple, duplicate the background layer and turn it into greyscale, this leaves the origional RGB background layer underneath, then using the eraser tool brush over the areas you want colored, allowing the botom layer to show through, using opactity levels to suit.
If you want to print, flaten the layers.
Regards
Malcolm.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections