Posted By
michaelnordlund
Oct 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi –

I have a Canon G3 digital camera which I believe does not embed a specific color file in the image but rather follows the EXIF color space default of sRGB. When I work on a file in PSE2 and go to save their is a box checked that says ICC profile: sRGB….. I can uncheck or check this box but can not seem to find a way to select or apply other color spaces such as Adobe RGB. Is there any way to embed a different color space other than sRGB?

The second question I have is what happens if I uncheck the box that says ICC profile: sRGB…. and save the file?

Thanks
Michael

ps I am using a PC with Windows XP

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BB
brent_bertram
Oct 1, 2003
Michael,
You will need to use the IgnoreEXIF utility available for Elements, and work in the "Full Color Management" mode, under color settings. Then your image from the Canon will be "untagged" but you will have the opportunity to save it as AdobeRGB colorspace .

🙂

Brent
M
michaelnordlund
Oct 3, 2003
Thanks Brent!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections