MN
Posted By
Michael_Newcomb
Dec 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just upgraded to Photoshop CS and I’m having a strange problem. If I save PNGs using either Save As or Save for Web the colors are being altered. For example I am using a blue ADD8E6 in the image but the PNG ends up with A5D4E3.

I have turned Color Management off and I have made sure the image has "Don’t Color Manage This Image" set in Image / Mode / Assign Profile.

Nevertheless when I use the image in IE color shift is always there. It’s annoying because the images no longer match the backgrounds in my web pages. (I am in a large corporate environment where all desktops are automatically maintained at the latest IE so PNG is very nice to use as a lossless 24-bit format)

Photoshop 7 _does not_ do this, I can still edit the images with 7 and everything is fine.

I have a feeling I have missed some setting that needs to be turned off — I want no color management at all for this work, I want the exact pixel colors to be exported. Can anybody help me figure out what I need to change?

Thanks,

Mike N.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 26, 2003
rerun adobe gamma from the control panel.
BN
bianca_ng
Dec 27, 2003
hi,

think i am having a similar problem — do you know how to "rerun adobe gamma" for mac os x? i am a new mac user!

thanks!
Y
YrbkMgr
Dec 27, 2003
Bianca,

You’d be best off posting in the Photoshop Mac forum. There’s a link at the top of the forum.
MN
Michael_Newcomb
Dec 29, 2003
Actually I tried rerunning Adobe Gamma before but I did it again and still no effect. The PNG is color shifted on output.

Mike N.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections