JS
Posted By
Jonah_Schwartz
Dec 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I wrote up a bands lyrics for the bands official website. (Im not the webmaster). But I wrote them in notepad, thinking I would be able to either cut & paste them into photoshop and change the font, or go throught the folders and find the file.

It is a txt document, but I cant get it into photohop.

Help.

Thanks
Jonah

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JS
John_Slate
Dec 18, 2003
can you make a PDF from notepad?

try that and open the PDF in Photoshop
JS
John_Slate
Dec 18, 2003
Hmmm…

Try copy/paste into Word, and make a PDF from Word, then open the PDF in PS
SG
shecky_greene
Dec 18, 2003
Try copy/paste into Word, and make a PDF from Word, then open the PDF in PS

Would have to have Acrobat to produce a PDF file out of Word, of course.

Try this: Open file in notepad. Highlight text. Copy text into Clipboard by your usual copy method. (Right click context menu or CTL+C)

In Photoshop: Click on the TYPE tool. Click in document and DRAG open a text box. Now paste in text by your usual paste method. (Right click context menu or CTL+V)

You can now edit font type and size, justification, et cetera, to your heart’s content.
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Dec 18, 2003
Note pad copy and paste works for me, you are clicking in the desired area with the text tool before you paste I take it?
CW
Colin_Walls
Dec 18, 2003
I just tried it – no prob. [In PS 7 – which version do you have?] Just select all the text in NotePad and copy [ctrl-C].
In PS, select the type tool, choose font etc. and click on your image. Then paste [ctrl-V].

I might ask why you are putting bulk text into PS, but I’ll assume you know what you’re doing …
JS
Jonah_Schwartz
Dec 18, 2003
whatever i was doing wrong, you guys are brilliant.

Thank You.

The solution was so obvious, I was overcomplicating it…

I had also tried to do Edit Paste and that didnt work, and i seldom do Ctrl S or Ctrl P…so i didnt even think of control V…but it worked.

Now I can put the lyrics with the bands logo in the background at 50% opacity…in their funky blue color and font too.

THANKS AGAIN

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections