KP
Posted By
Kay_P_Green
Apr 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know why my monitor would have gone to grayscale except for desktop icons when I restarted after installing Photoshop elements 2.0? I am running on Windows XP. My video card is an old Velocity 128. Works great usually, but perhaps I need a driver upgrade for XP to use APE2.Anyone know how to get one that will work? Other pertinent info: Asus 7V333 board, AMD duron 1.3 processor, NEC 77F monitor, 256 mgs ram, plenty of free drive space. This is a homebuilt computer.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 26, 2004
Do a Google search for ‘Velocity 128 driver’ and a number of sites come up. Since you’re questioning whether the driver is current, that’s a good place to start. If you find the video driver isn’t the problem we can look for other possibilities, but updating it should be done anyway.
BB
brent_bertram
Apr 26, 2004
Kay,
You might try running the Adobe Gamma Utility, located in Control Panel , and follow the guidelines in this tutorial, <http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7-colour/ps7_2.htm> . The system monitor profile might be at fault, and this will calibrate and profile your display for Elements as well.

🙂

Brent

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections