V
Posted By
vikinartist
Jan 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, My Photoshop 7 went crazy on me, Or I did. Everything in the program works ok but clone stamp and patern stamp. I can go to clone stamp, pick my brush and size OK. I can pick my point of pick up ith alt click, it shows pick up point, move brush on image click for transfer nothing happens. I have tried both Wacom pad and mouse and optical mouse. I have Photoshop elements on this samr computer and all works fine. I have tried deleating and reloabing Photoshop & and it made no diffrance. I have not opened a layer that may be locked. I switched to XP about a month ago, this happened three days ago. Thank you for any ideas you may have, Larry

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mike Russell
Jan 30, 2005
wrote:
Hello, My Photoshop 7 went crazy on me, Or I did. Everything in the program works ok but clone stamp and patern stamp. I can go to clone stamp, pick my brush and size OK. I can pick my point of pick up ith alt click, it shows pick up point, move brush on image click for transfer nothing happens. I have tried both Wacom pad and mouse and optical mouse. I have Photoshop elements on this samr computer and all works fine. I have tried deleating and reloabing Photoshop & and it made no diffrance. I have not opened a layer that may be locked. I switched to XP about a month ago, this happened three days ago. Thank you for any ideas you may have, Larry

More than likely you have your clone stamp mode set to something other than "Normal" . It’s controlled using a popup list in the tool options.

It that doesn’t work, press do the three fingered salute, ctrl-alt-shift and say "live long and prosper" during Photoshop startup. You will see a dialog asking whether you want to trash your prefs – click yes, and that should do it.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
C
Corey
Jan 30, 2005
wrote in message

Mike’s suggestion will very likely fix the problem, but your original post made me wonder if you had a selection somewhere on your image and were trying to clone outside it. Try CTRL+D and then clone.

Peadge 🙂
V
vikinartist
Jan 30, 2005
I have allready tried the vulcan finger, and have checked the mode. I also have changing the preferences and resetting them. I reloaded the program. The mouse and pad work in elements but not in 7. I have about pulled my hair over this one. Have used this program for three years, never had anything like this before. Wondering if XP has something to do with it. Larry

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections