J
Posted By
JD
Nov 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I used to print black and white pictures I would darken each corner of the photograph just a bit. It was barely noticeable. Is there a PS plug-in to do this?

JD..

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

K
Kingdom
Nov 16, 2004
JD wrote in news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

When I used to print black and white pictures I would darken each corner of the photograph just a bit. It was barely noticeable. Is there a PS plug-in to do this?

There probably is but why not just use the burn tool?

or a big black brush with low opacity on a new layer?

or make a mask feathering the inside edge and save it.

Youth is wasted on the young!
J
JD
Nov 16, 2004
Kingdom wrote:

JD wrote in
news:8Cnmd.915439$ news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

The burn tool doesn’t always look right. Sometimes it kind of muddies up the contrast.

I tried that it and it worked pretty good.

How would I do this? I’m kind of new to PS so how do I make a mask, feather the inside edge and then save it?

Thanks!

JD..
T
tacitr
Nov 16, 2004

Forget plugins; learn to use the Photoshop tools.

One way to do this is to select the corners, feather the selection with the Select->Feather command, and use the Curves command to darken the selected area.

Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
N
noone
Nov 16, 2004
In article <zYomd.915839$>,
says…
Kingdom wrote:

JD wrote in

The burn tool doesn’t always look right. Sometimes it kind of muddies up the contrast.

How would I do this? I’m kind of new to PS so how do I make a mask, feather the inside edge and then save it?

Thanks!

JD..

Probably the two (similar, but different) easiest ways would be to use the Marquee Tool (your choice of Rectangle or Ellipse) with a heavy Feather set. Drag the Marquee Tool for the entire area of the image, and your Selection will be heavily Feathered. If you want even more, you can use QM (Quick Mask) and do a Gaussian Blur on it.

Second, go to QM and do a Radial Gradient (under Paint Bucket, set Radial, black to transparent in Option bar) and drag to outside. Experiment with how much you drag it. Again, Gaussian Blur can be used to soften it more.

Use Mask and then maybe Curves, or one of the other adjustment settings. The same principal, in reverse, can be used to help eliminate vignetting of a wide-angle lens.

Hunt
K
Kingdom
Nov 16, 2004
JD wrote in news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Kingdom wrote:

JD wrote in

The burn tool doesn’t always look right. Sometimes it kind of muddies
up
the contrast.

Thanks!

http://www.heathrowe.com/tuts/knockout.asp?knockout=quickmas k

put ‘Photoshop tutorials’ into google

Youth is wasted on the young!
RF
Robert Feinman
Nov 17, 2004
In article <8Cnmd.915439$>,
says…
I have a tip and related action on my web site that will do this for you. I is designed to fix vignetting caused by wide angle lenses, but if you edit the action to modify the curves it will do what you want. Basically it creates a circular gradient fill that is used as a mask on a curves adjustment layer.
Follow the tips link on my home page and look for the one on vignetting.

Robert D Feinman
Landscapes, Cityscapes and Panoramic Photographs
http://robertdfeinman.com
mail:
J
JD
Nov 18, 2004
JD wrote:

Thanks to everyone who replied. I didn’t get a plug-in but I now have a variety of ways to darken the corners. Each works a little different so I’ll have to play around with them but at least I have more than one way to darken my corners.

JD..

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections