RH
Posted By
regina_hubbard
Oct 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
how do you change the sizes of photos when you are ready to order photographs? I have tried changing the image size but the picture on the screen looks distorted.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Oct 27, 2003
Regina,

As I’m not on a Photoshop PC at the moment, I can’t offer any real help. But, for clarification, I presume by "order" you are referring to "sorting" photographs as opposed to purchasing them? If so, are you doing the sorting in PS7’s File Browser (can’t recall if this is possible or not) or in some other application? I know there are some applications that always present a thumbnail image in a square aspect, regardless of the true aspect of the image, but I’d not expect File Browser to do that.

Regards,

Daryl
CS
Carol_Steele
Oct 27, 2003
If you are changing the width and height independently, then there will be a certain amount of distortion Regina. A 5" x 4" image cannot be resized to an 8"x6" image (it will go to an 8" x 6.4" or a 7.5" x 6" image without distortion though).

Carol
(Posted from the UK)
L
LenHewitt
Oct 28, 2003
Regina,

As different standard sizes have different ‘aspect ratios’ as Carol has indicated, you would need to CROP to the required dimensions

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections