CO
Posted By
colins_oner
Oct 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop 7 and Windows XP SP1…. and i have problems with gif optimization : it not give me the good colors and the right number of color !

I try to reinstall windows…it’s working…but after several days…the same problem (after installing several other programs i need)…i have no virus…

It can be a compatibylity problem with a another problem or driver… i don’t know…if someone have a answer…

thanks a lot…

colins

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

HD
hot_denim
Oct 16, 2003
Check the folloowing;

in SAVE FOR WEB part of P7 you can select the number of colours the GIF files can have, upto a MAX 256. Ensure 256 is selected. And from the reduced to 256 colours ,you can select the method P7 uses to select the 256 colours of the pallete… I suggest ‘perceptual’ method. Ensure that you use maximum GIF quality (I think its called) on the settings slider.

Is you computer’s display driver/video card driver set to display 32/24/ or 16 bit colour (more the better). ?

Is everything else showing up alright, e.g. desktop background. P7 splash screen photo ?.

Try loading the GIF via a web browser.

Your orignal pre-GIF image must of course be of better quality than the resultant GIF, i.e. you cannot generate quality.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections