DS
Posted By
Don_Sarich
Mar 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having a problem at times printing to an Epson 2200. Periodically, I will get elongated ovals of various colors appear on the print. The ovals appear as pure ink cartridge colors (i.e., magenta, cyan, yellow) and vary in length (1- to 4-inches) and width (1/8- to 3/4-inches, respectively). This is hard to describe, but there may be several of these of different colors or all the same color and/or different sizes. The problem does not happen all the time. I can reprint and the problem won’t be there. I recently purchased an Epson 1280 and had this occur. Naturally, I thought it was the printer and replaced it with the 2200. Now the same problem occurs. I am wondering if there is a problem with CS. I have contacted Epson and they point the finger at Adobe. I have all the latest drivers for the Epson and the new color profiles (Feb, 2004). Printing on Epson Premium Glossy, 8 1/2 x 11 or 13 x 19. Thanks for any help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DW
David_W_Saunders
Mar 7, 2004
Just a thought.

From time to time, I end up with an ink cartridge that does not always put out ink. I check the cartridge by pulling them out one by one and shaking them while covering the opening with a paper towel. If I don’t end up with a nice solid circle of color on the towel, I put in a new cartridge and get a replacement for the bad one.

So far this has only happened one to me.

David
BL
Bill_Lamp
Mar 7, 2004
Another thought.

I used to buy ink carts. from a local branch of an office/computer supply store. This was for a 1270. One winter, after a cartridge change, I suddenly started getting horrible results. I purchased replacements from them and there was no change. The cartridges were recent production.

My first thought was that the printer had died and it was out of warranty.

As a last ditch try, I ordered a pair direct from Epson. After installing them, going through a nozzle cleaning, then trying them out, the prints were back to normal.

I suspect that during winter storage/transport via slow truck the carts. froze. Ordering direct from Epson, I never had that problem again. I stopped buying from that local store.

I have not had any problems this winter with cartridges for my 2200 when ordering from ITSupplies.

I mentioned the sources only as I have had good results with ink/pigment from them and my mention of them is not to be considered as a "plug". I have no connection with either of them except as a customer. <end required statement>

Bill
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Mar 7, 2004
I get that also on my Canon S9000 as well. Running the head cleaner usually fixed it.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Mar 7, 2004
Don, they point at Adobe for the problem with their printer? they should fire the guy that told you that…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections