Posted By
Kunal_Deo
May 22, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I’m having screen shot of size 1024×768. But it need it in 540×400. The problem is whenever I rescale I loose the readability of text on the resized screen shot

Please suggest me a solution where I wont loose text readability while down sampling or resizing the images.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RK
Rob_Keijzer
May 22, 2007
Kunal,

Applying a Gaussian blur (1 to 1.5) before downsampling might help.

Rob
L
LenHewitt
May 22, 2007
Screenshots resize best when using nearest neighbour interpolation
KD
Kunal_Deo
May 22, 2007
Hi LenHewitt

Thanks for your reply. What’s the nearest neighbor interpolation. I am concerned about the text readability. Will it work? Previously I’ve installed MS ClearType tuner and then took the screenshot. But it doesnt help

Kunal
EH
Ed_Hannigan
May 22, 2007
Nearest Neighbor is in the Image Size dialog at the bottom.

Any chance you could display the image on a lower rez monitor and make the screenshot from there?
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
May 22, 2007
I recommend Nearest Neighbour for upscaling, but Bicubic + sharpening for downsampling.

You have to think about most fonts for web are optimized for that size, and no lower.

Any chance you could display the image on a lower rez monitor and make the screenshot from there?

Would be the same as cropping the larger images in Photoshop.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
May 22, 2007
Here’s a screenshot of Ps. I applied a 0.8 Gaussian Blur, then reduced to 60% using Bicubic Sharper, Finally a bit of PK-sharpener (output sharpening/1024 res/reduced overall to 70%)

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1Oo2sv5z7yJq0KZpBS N5pUWzZQqpW>

Rob
C
chrisjbirchall
May 22, 2007
Ed’s idea was right on the nail.

Temporarily change your screen resolution, do the screen grab, save it, then restore the res back to normal.

Good bit a lateral thinking there Ed!
KD
Kunal_Deo
May 23, 2007
If I Change resolution of my screen. Then the screen involves too much scrolling and at the end you get a very large picture (Most of the time its more or less same of standard image resolution).

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections