BH
Posted By
Bill_Hilton
Nov 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I open an untagged tiff file in V7 which was generated by my Nikon 8000 scanner I get the proper dialog box, "Missing Profile" and I can assign my custom ICC scanner profile (which is what I want to do).

When I open the same tiff file in CS I don’t get the "Missing Profile" box but instead get "Profile Mismatch" as it assumes the file is tagged with sRGB. Other untagged tiff files from say a Canon 10D digital camera open correctly in both programs, so I only see this with the Nikon files.

Looks like a bug to me, either in the Nikon EXIF header info or the way Adobe is interpreting the EXIF data. I created a small 6 KB tiff that shows the problem, if there’s anyone at Adobe who will accept it via email and look into this.

Bill

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Carol_Steele
Nov 10, 2003
Go to Edit–>Preferences–>File Handling and put a check mark in the box marked ‘Ignore EXIF profile tag’ and see if that solves the problem for you.

Also check you have the latest drivers for your scanner as it might have been fixed in there.

Carol
(Posted from the UK)
BH
Bill_Hilton
Nov 12, 2003
Go to Edit–>Preferences–>File Handling and put a check mark in the
box marked ‘Ignore EXIF profile tag’ and see if that solves the problem for you. <<<

That fixed it! Thanks Carol.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections