BC
Posted By
Beth_Coffey
Oct 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am working with Photoshop 7.0 for Windows, with plenty of RAM, virtual memory, etc. When I want to crop an image and pull the cropping tool over an image, the margins of my crop "jump" from one measurement to the next, which is to say, I can’t crop exactly the where I want to. It seems to me that there are some predefined units to which the cropping tool is set, and if I want to crop right in the middle of those units, the crop will just spring to the next unit.

I don’t think it has anything to do with retaining proportion, because I’m not holding the shift key down at the same time. All my earlier Photoshop versions did not have this problem.

I’ve talked to other people with this problem but they also couldn’t find a way to change anything. So far as I can see there is no place to change the options to make the cropping tool more precise.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,
Beth Coffey

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

W
wes
Oct 14, 2003
Beth, have you tried using the Ctrl key when you drag. Sometimes this will allow you more flexibility when dragging.
L
LenHewitt
Oct 14, 2003
Under your View menu, do you have ‘Snap’ checked….?
JM
John_Mensinger
Oct 14, 2003
….and if you do have "Snap" enabled, you can disable it…or, you can temporarily disable snapping while dragging handles by holding down the Ctrl key. (Works especially well when you’re cropping close to the edge of the image and the crop marquee wants to snap to the edge.)
BC
Beth_Coffey
Oct 15, 2003
That was my problem. Thanks so much Len and John.
L
LenHewitt
Oct 15, 2003
You’re welcome, Beth

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections