MS
Posted By
M_Solis
Dec 25, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m currently running Photoshop CS3 out of a Student Creative suite. A few weeks ago my crop tool put simply, won’t work. When I drag the crop box around a portion of an image, then proceed to crop. It does so, but leaves me with a tiny box , maybe a mm or so with a transparent fill. I’ve tried re-installing but no luck yet. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

– Matthew

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Dec 25, 2008
Sigh…

Had you bother to check the many existing threads on this subject, you would have learned to look at the Options Bar when you use the Crop Tool. You have some absurd numbers there, such as the number 1 for size in pixels.

Always check your settings in the Options Bar, regardless of which tool you are using.
P
Phosphor
Dec 25, 2008
Neil…

I guess you forgot about the FAQ entry you posted which has virtually the same image you posted here, right?

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b51428>

🙂
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 25, 2008
It should be drummed into people that un-installing/re-installing does not affect the preferences and tool settings, which are created after the installation process is logged.
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 25, 2008
Phos,

But goes way back in April…you expect me to remember that far back? I mean, I can barely remember to match my socks. <lol>

Neil
MS
M_Solis
Dec 25, 2008
Thank you Ramon and Neil. Time was not on my side, but next time I’ll take forum etiquette into consideration before posting. Thanks again.
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 26, 2008
Matthew,

Let us know if the problem persists. Thanks.

Neil
TB
Taeon_Bing
Jan 5, 2009
I cannot get my eraser, history brush or clone stamp tools to work in CS3. Can anyone help me?!!!
B
Buko
Jan 5, 2009
have you trashed your prefs?

this is covered in the FAQs

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections