RH
Posted By
Richard_Hirschman
Aug 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop Elements 2. I scan an image into PE2 with Visioneer software that came with my Visioneer 7300 scanner. Once an image is scanned into PE2, the border of the image often isn’t where I want it to be, because I often and inadvertently scan in a bit of blank area around the edge of an image. I try to remove that extra blank part around the image with the crop tool. However, when I use the crop tool, as I approach the edge of the image from about 1/4 of an inch away from the edge of the image, the selection border of the crop tool jumps to the edge of the whole image, including the blank portion which I am trying to leave out of the crop. This prevents me from moving the selection border in fine increments, so I can include the image right up to the point at which the blank area starts. With the way the crop tool operates now, I have to trim about 1/4 of an inch off the photo near its edges to prevent the inclusion of the blank area in the crop.
Is there any way of turning off this feature in which the selection border of the crop tool jumps to the edge of the whole scan (including the blank part of what was scanned), so I have more control over the selection border near the edges of the image?
I hope this is clear.
Thanks.
Richard

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JD
Juergen_D
Aug 20, 2004
Richard,
See if >View >Snap to Grid is checked. I believe unchecking it will fix your problem.

Juergen
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 20, 2004
Juergen, i often wondered why Adobe chose to leave that snap ‘on’ by default…seems so annoying when it isn’t needed…which for me is 99.9 % of the time. Then again, there are probably those who couldn’t live without it depending on what they use the program for. I’m curious about that…how many really need that option ‘on’ all the time ‘or’ most of the time.
JD
Juergen_D
Aug 20, 2004
Hi Jodi,
I have it turned off at all times, ever since I ran into a problem similar to Richard’s, which was a long time ago… 🙂

Juergen

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections