==CS Photo Web Gallery: maximum # photos?

JG
Posted By
Jeff_Greenberg
Oct 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In P7, there seems to be limit of 500 (I do 5 across x 100 deep) photos per gallery? What is CS limit?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 3, 2003
I don’t know, but I think that 500 images is way too many for a web page. Even if the images are only 2K each, you are building a page of 1000K, and a person on a dialup system will wait forever to see it.

The ideal web page should have a total of 30K, and anything over 100K is dangerous. If you have more images than will fit on a single page, make a series of pages. People should not (and will not) wait for all your images to load.
JG
Jeff_Greenberg
Oct 3, 2003
"…and a person on a dialup system will wait forever to see it."

Don & all,

Are there still people that haven’t switched to touch tone?? My God.
CW
Colin_Walls
Oct 3, 2003
"dial up" = "not broadband"
V
viol8ion
Oct 6, 2003
Are there still people that haven’t switched to touch tone?? My God.

What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China?
JR
Jen_Rose
Oct 14, 2003
wrote in message
I don’t know, but I think that 500 images is way too many for a web page.
Even if the images are only 2K each, you are building a page of 1000K, and a person on a dialup system will wait forever to see it.

I use web galleries to make "universal picture disks" for family, and to quickly scan my archives. I almost never use photoshop to make galleries for the web!

Jenrose

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections