crush1000
Sep 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have a serious problem with my version of Photoshop 7.0

When I first setup my photoshop as I have always done, I clicked through and chose a random answer to a dialog box that appeared thinking nothing of it cause I had never had any trouble before setting it up. Apparently, the dialog box was unique to my monitor type. I have a samsung that has three settings (Text, Internet, Entertain). Whatever I chose, now any thing I work on in Photoshop is considerably darker than it actually is outside of Photoshop. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted every registry I could find that I believed relevant to Photoshop, and tried reinstalling and I can’t seem to get that dialog back or find a place in the program to change the settings to fix this.

If anyone has any idea how to fix this please let me know. I am a web designer who uses Photoshop for nearly all of my graphical work and I’m really stuck now. Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

K
Klaas
Sep 24, 2003
A little difficult to answer, as we don’t know what the dialog box that you’re referring to is, but I’ll take a guess that it is the Colour Settings.

In the Edit menu, you should see "Color Settings", select that, and tell us what the settings are – it may be that your default colourspace is wrong for your setup/monitor.

Also, have you run Adobe Gamma? This is a colour management applet in the Control Panel (assuming Windows) that calibrates your monitor.

If this doesn’t help, check out Ian Lyon’s site <http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7-colour/ps7_1.htm> on colour management in Photoshop 7 – fifteen minutes in there should get you sorted.

cheers
Klaas
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 24, 2003
In addition to Klaas’ advice (and please DO read Ian’s site), the message probably said that there was a problem with your profile, but it is difficult to say.

Take this in a friendly way, this is what I tell my friends and family…

Do you know why they put those annoying dialog boxes on your screen?

SO THAT PEOPLE WILL READ THEM!

In truth, that’s a bad habit I see a lot of people do, especially on the Internet and the next thing you know… something’s screwed up.

Just a little friendly advice.

Peace,
Tony
P
Phosphor
Sep 26, 2003
I am unable to locate the Paint Bucket Tool!!!

I have checked Help and the manual — both make reference to it but do not indicate where to find it — It is NOT on the Tool Bar!!

Thanks for any help you may provide,

Pete
L
LenHewitt
Sep 26, 2003
Same place as the Gradient tool – Click and hold ’till the fly-out appears

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections