NH
Posted By
norman_harris
Jan 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help! I have tried to set my background/foreground colors to default by hiting the little square boxes as indicated but cannot not get rid of a cerise backround. when I open up a photo it is completely washed out in cerise color. restaring Elements dosn’t help. any suggetions please.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 25, 2004
Norman,

Are you sure you clicked on the two very small square boxes at the side of the main two. If so then it sounds like you need to delete preferences.

To do that close down Elements then click on the start up icon and quickly hold down the Control, Alt and Shift keys (If you are a Mac user Apple, Alt and Shift). Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

Hope this helps

Wendy
NH
norman_harris
Jan 25, 2004
Hi Wendy thanks for prompt reply, I tried your suggestion all I got up was ‘scratch disk preferences’ box, I have tried changing the cerise color to black in the background box but when I load a new photo it still turns up cerise, carrying out all the same actions in Photoshop LE results in normal color photos. norman
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 25, 2004
Norman,

Keep on trying it … but you do have to be quick. Try holding the keys down before you click on the Elements icon.

Just a thought are you using PSE1 or PSE2

Wendy
NH
norman_harris
Jan 25, 2004
Hi! I am using PSE2.
Now I tried holding the keys down before hitting PSE2 but only got the properties box it would not fire up the program, getting my wife to hit the program icon while hit the C/A/D buttons still resulted in the scratch disk box showing.
When I first loaded the program and used it with a new Smartdisk film scanner it worked fine, but for some reason when I went to use it the following day it had this color problem. I tried the scanner on PSle and no problem, I tried loading a photo from file to PSE2 and still had the color problem, I have tried to axcess the preference files but do not find anything that relates to the problem.
Now thats a challenge for you!
regards norman
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 25, 2004
What operating system do you run, Norman? Well, actually, check a thread that’s not too far down on the list that refers to the "pesky Preference folder." There are some posts in there that give the path to the preference folder on a couple of different systems.

Ah, I also just spotted where you wrote "C/A/D" buttons. The correct keyboard shortcut is (Win) Control, Alt, SHIFT or (Mac) Command, Option, Shift. Maybe that ‘s what you’re doing wrong?
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 25, 2004
Norman

I am not sure how it works on all systems but I have both XP and 2000 and I have to click on elements first, or double click depending on how you have your system set up, then immediately press <Shift> + <Control> + <Delete>.

If you press <Shift> + <Control> + <Delete> then click you will bring up properties as you have found out.

g.
NH
norman_harris
Jan 25, 2004
Beth thanks for spotting my mistake. everything is fine now. WOW a great support, thanks very much to you both.
kindest regards
norman
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 25, 2004
You’re welcome, Norman. And that’s a good example of why it’s often so important for people to tell us what they’re doing that isn’t working, rather than just saying something ain’t working right! 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections