A
Posted By
APL
Sep 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a nested directory structure for my Web Site that is produced entirely by ImageReady. I want to save all my images into a single directory, not into "images" directory in the same path as my html file. My nesting is several directories deep so "../" will not work. It seems I cannot use a specific directory such as C:\IMAGES\, any suggestions since I have a lot of the same images in many of my HTML files and do not want to save multiple copies of the same images in each sub-directory. Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PH
Photo Help
Sep 17, 2003
File -> Output Settings -> Saving Files

Change the settings for "Put Images In Folder"
A
APL
Sep 19, 2003
Photo,

Unfortunately this is what I have already tried and does not do what I require.

You cannot specify an absolute location such as "www.site.com/Images" or "c:\Images", but you can only specify a relative directory to where you save the html. If you specify "images" then it saves the files in "images" directory where you save the html. Since my html is in nested directories I end up with multiple "image" directories all containing many common gifs/jpegs. I can force it to save in "../images", up one level but cannot save "../../images" since this also produces an error.

Seems to be a requirement for Adobe again.

Regards

Andrew
PH
Photo Help
Sep 19, 2003
APL,

Simply do a find (images/) and replace (../../images/) with a text editor (I recommend Edit Pad <http://www.editpadpro.com/editpadlite.html>). I still hand code all my HTML and find that image ready works very well in the way it was intended to be used. If you feel your site is too complex for you to manage manually you really should consider using a program like DreamWeaver to help keep your files organized.

Just keep in mind that image ready is designed to generate the code to display only the image you are currently working on. It is not a web site developer. I think people get confused because Adobe was kind enough to include the HTML & BODY tags. Most graphics programs give you only the code associated with the images and you need to insert it into your pages yourself.

Are you sure you want all your images in one folder anyway? Just picture the removal of one of your pages a few months down the road. You will need to double check all your links to make sure you are deleting all the files associated with that page. I try to only use global image folders for files that I use on multiple pages. Just some things to think about depending on how you have things setup.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections