VT
Posted By
Vagram_T.
Jul 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey all. I’m making a website…so when I save my slices, they all get saved as .gifs…but I want them to be saved as JPEGS, so how can I do that? I’ve changed the preerences, but it seems as though no matter what I do, it always gets saved as a gif.

I could really use some help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

VT
Vagram_T.
Jul 18, 2004
anyone?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 18, 2004
What version? It should save in whatever format you choose in the Optimize palette. Select all and choose in the Settings dropdown and Save Optimized As.
VT
Vagram_T.
Jul 18, 2004
that’s the thing–it doesn’t give any choices, just automatically saves it in gif format.

im using CS
VT
Vagram_T.
Jul 18, 2004
Someone give me answers before I fuc.king lose it.
L
LRK
Jul 18, 2004
I just happened to see this thread… but then I also happened to see your foul language, which really doesn’t make me want to help you…

….but I will anyway…

Choose JPG for each slice in the optimize palette. When you save for Web, it should save them as JPGs even if it says GIF and possibly visa versa. There seems to be a bug I remember from the past.
VT
Vagram_T.
Jul 18, 2004
but i’m working in imageready, not photoshop. there is no optimization palette
L
LRK
Jul 18, 2004
Yes, there is an optimization palette.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 18, 2004
In the Optimize palette,

Select All (Command-A) so all the slices are selected (don’t have to do them one by one).

Choose jpeg or whatever setting you want from the dropdown next to Settings.

Save for Web and ImageReady are pretty much the samre thing when it comes to saving by the way.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 18, 2004
And say "thank you" to Linda and Ed before WE "lose it" !
L
LRK
Jul 19, 2004
Ann: I’ll second that emotion! 8)
VT
Vagram_T.
Jul 20, 2004
thanks i got it now

googoogaga

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections