DH
Posted By
Dennis_Hallinan
Jan 2, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On Photoshop CS4 Windows XP the Marching Ants don’t so much as march as they run. Is this a feature or a bug? I’d rather it be a bug.

Thanks,

Dennis Hallinan

PS I have updated the driver on my Nvidia "approved" card.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

FA
Frank Arthur
Jan 2, 2009
wrote in message
On Photoshop CS4 Windows XP the Marching Ants don’t so much as march as they run. Is this a feature or a bug? I’d rather it be a bug.
Thanks,

Dennis Hallinan

PS I have updated the driver on my Nvidia "approved" card.

Have you tried Raid?
M
Mylenium
Jan 4, 2009
Mmh, what screen resolution? Maybe it’s just a matter of how you perceive it? If the ants pattern coincides with the sampling of your display hardware, it may look like it’s running at light speed or it’s frozen since the inbetween steps don’t animate…

Mylenium
DH
Dennis_Hallinan
Jan 6, 2009
Thanks, Mylenium

I have tested with different screen resolutions and the ants keep running. An additional symptom is that the pulldown dialog boxes
mimic the problem by vibrating the drop shadows that each box displays.

I have Photoshop CS4 on a laptop. Not any problems so apparently my desktop box has some issues…like maybe an overactive video card 🙂

It’s an Nvidia Quadro FX4500 and has the latest driver. Monitor is an EIZO Flexscan S2410W (and it sure is fast…maybe too fast?)

Dennis Hallinan
DM
Don_McCahill
Jan 6, 2009
Sounds like a graphics driver problem. Check with the company that makes your graphics card to see if updated drivers are available.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections