MM
Posted By
Mike_Morrell
Oct 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I start CS4 (32bit) Extended it says Stonehenge and "DEV" at the end. Is this some sort of pre-release version? Or, am I running the proper production version that I purchased?

After opening CS4 (32bit) Extended most of the file menu is dimmed. I cannot even do a File < Open. I can use bridge to open a file and this problem clears up for subsequent File menu issues. What is going on here?

Turning on and off the eye in the layers pallet has no effect on the image until I click on image. Is this a new feature? If it is, it is a crazy new feature. How do you turn it off?

3rd party plug-ins are problematic in the 32 bit version. In the 64 bit version they just show up. I guess that is to be expected though.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 17, 2008
You have a beta version installer that was incorrectly included with one of the suite builds. Please contact Adobe Customer Support to get the correct installer.
SG
steve_guilhamet
Oct 17, 2008
Hi Mike,

Another sorry for the MC installer snafu. These may be related to the non GM build but if you still have the earlier build installed can you try a few quick things?

After opening CS4 (32bit) Extended most of the file menu is dimmed. I cannot even do a File < Open. I can use bridge to open a file and this problem clears up for subsequent File menu issues. What is going on here?

Can you try ctrl + A and then looking at the File menu items? You may be seeing a 3rd party plug-in incompatibility.

3rd party plug-ins are problematic in the 32 bit version. In the 64 bit version they just show up. I guess that is to be expected though.

What problems are you seeing with 32 bit? Was that a typo for 64bit; did you mean ‘they just don’t show up’? Are you running XP64 or Vista64?

Regards,
steve
MM
Mike_Morrell
Oct 17, 2008
Steve, I am running on XP64. When I installed, apparently with a beta installer, it installed both versions, PS 32 bit and PS 64 bit.

For the 64 bit, the filters do NOT show up. For 32 bit, they do show up but in at least one occasion did not do anything. Since I have the wrong installer, I am not planning on doing further tests until I can get the correct installer loaded. But I would like to ask if plug-ins designed for CS3 would be even possible to use on CS4 64bit. Does the real installer install both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions if you have a 64bit OS? I think that with the plug-in issue that it is good if it does this as the 64 bit wont be of much use until plug-ins can be recompiled.
MM
Mike_Morrell
Oct 18, 2008
OK, now I have the uninstalled the dev version and installed the correct real CS4 version. in the 32bit version, I still cannot do a File>Open. I cannot even use the X to close the program. ALT<F4> works though. What is going on?
SG
steve_guilhamet
Oct 18, 2008
Hi Mike,

Does using Ctrl + A activate the menu items?
SG
steve_guilhamet
Oct 18, 2008
For your previous questions, on a Win 64 bit OS both x64 and x86 targets are installed by default. Plug-ins do need to be compiled for each target and placed in their respective plug-in directories, or the app’s alternative plug-in path pointed at them.

So far, I haven’t seen any 3rd party 64 bit plug-ins and the Ps CS3 plug-ins have been recompiled for 64 bit.
MM
Mike_Morrell
Oct 18, 2008
CNTRL+A does activate the menu items. But there are some serious issues with this program. I dont have time to go into them right now. But I will post back later this weekend.
MM
Mike_Morrell
Oct 20, 2008
I have started a new thread so not to be confused with the Stonehenge issue. This thread should be considered "closed" but one issue listed has not been resolved yet. See the new thread.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b6c9cc>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections