Tweening question…can Image Ready do this?

DF
Posted By
Dean Fritzel
Apr 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a cylinder with a door in it. Is it possable through tweening to make the door swing open? Or am I going to have to draw every frame?

TIA!

Dean F

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Apr 29, 2004
Dean,

I’ve not done much tweening, but the little amount that I have still suggests that your latter question is the answer…you will need to draw at least some of the intermediate frames if you want anything close to a realistic appearance. After all, how would tweening know what area of the image to manipulate and in what direction? I know tweening has options that control more than just opacities, but I still tend to think of it primarily as a technique for fading out one image and the next subsequent image is faded in.

Regards,

Daryl
DM
Don_McCahill
Apr 29, 2004
You can get a nice tween of a door opening in Flash by shape-tween transforming a rectangle shape into a trapezoid(?) of a nearly wide open door. However, I can’t remember IR well enough to know if that kind of transformation is allowed.

I do know that in Flash the file will be 50 times smaller, because even if you don’t have to draw each frame individually, the GIF makes bitmaps of each frame. In Flash only one door is drawn, as a vector, and then the shape is manipulated mathematically, making a much smaller file.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections