M
Posted By
maria
Mar 23, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I hope that this is the right group for a question like this. I have hundreds of ".JPG" images that I have created at resolution 1024×768.
I have created most of them with Photoshop and its plugins. I chose this resolution because it is a very popular one, and I just wanted my images to be used by the users on their computer screens. I have now become aware of the fact that these images can be considerably increased in size, without much loss, if we turn them into vector graphics and then scale them to the appropriate sizes. So, I have tried Xara on a couple of them and got surprisingly beautiful reproductions in the VECTOR format.
Now, here is my question.
I have a Photoshop created ".JPG" image. I load it to Xara and convert it into a VECTOR image.

(1) How do I double the size of the vector image on Xara?

(2) How do I export it to Photoshop for further artistic/repair work? Should I save it as a ".PSD" file?

Any other suggestions you might have would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you!

maria

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
leader
Mar 23, 2007
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:52:49 -0500, maria
wrote:

I hope that this is the right group for a question like this. I have hundreds of ".JPG" images that I have created at resolution 1024×768.
I have created most of them with Photoshop and its plugins. I chose this resolution because it is a very popular one, and I just wanted my images to be used by the users on their computer screens. I have now become aware of the fact that these images can be considerably increased in size, without much loss, if we turn them into vector graphics and then scale them to the appropriate sizes. So, I have tried Xara on a couple of them and got surprisingly beautiful reproductions in the VECTOR format.
I have a Photoshop created ".JPG" image. I load it to Xara and convert it into a VECTOR image.

How do you do that? Someone gave me this for Christmas but I’ve never bothered to play with it beyond installing it. So, how do you change jpg and png to vector?

(2) How do I export it to Photoshop for further artistic/repair work? Should I save it as a ".PSD" file?

Thank you!

maria
D
Dave
Mar 23, 2007
leader wrote:
How do you do that? Someone gave me this for Christmas but I’ve never bothered to play with it beyond installing it. So, how do you change jpg and png to vector?

leader, simply follow Maria.

Dave
M
maria
Mar 24, 2007
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 23:08:31 GMT, wrote:

wrote:

Thank you!

maria

leader,

Just load the .jpg image to Xara and then choose
"Utilities/Bitmap Tracer". I am using "Xara Xtreme Pro", but it is the same info on "Xara Xtreme".
The best settings for me are:

Passes: 50
Initial Color Tolerance: 100
Final Color Tolerance: 0
Accuracy: 100

Good luck!

maria
L
leader
Mar 24, 2007
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 19:19:12 -0500, maria
wrote:

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 23:08:31 GMT, wrote:

wrote:

Thank you!

maria

leader,

Just load the .jpg image to Xara and then choose
"Utilities/Bitmap Tracer". I am using "Xara Xtreme Pro", but it is the same info on "Xara Xtreme".
The best settings for me are:

Passes: 50
Initial Color Tolerance: 100
Final Color Tolerance: 0
Accuracy: 100

Good luck!

maria

Fantabuloza!!! Thank you – may your tribe increase! I shall name my twenty-seventh-born after you, create a Feast Day in your honour, announce a Public Holiday, etc, etc.
L
leader
Mar 24, 2007
On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 01:33:11 +0200, Dave wrote:

leader wrote:

leader, simply follow Maria.

Dave

Always glad to follow the ladies.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections