SB
Posted By
Sheryl_Bury-Michals
May 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Let’s start by saying I hardly, if ever use quicktime. I was working on pictures this evening in Photoshop CS, everything was fine. Later on this evening I noticed that all my photos, which had photoshop icons next to them, now have QuickTime Pictureviewer icons on them instead. I’ve done nothing to change them at all – how do I revert my photos back to the photshop icons that they all had in the first place?

I was doing a movie for my husband with his images for a Power Point presentation earlier this evening which he got from work – would that have caused the change?

Help!

thanks – sheryl

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
John Joslin
May 16, 2008
This happened on a computer I was fixing for someone.

Just go to Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types and reset the file types that have the QT association back to the way you want.
BH
BILL_HUNT
May 16, 2008
Sheryl,

If the auto-update "feature" is turned on with QT, it will go out and download/install every update, that comes along. In this install process, if left on automatic, will change every association to QT. RealPlayer is guilty of this, as well.

I feel that it is a good thing to turn off all automatic updates. When one comes along, I can download/install at my leisure – nothing automatic. Also, when I have a project, whether in PS, or Premiere, I do not want any system resources going to auto updates, especially as some want to restart the system.

When you do update/install, always do so with "Custom," or whatever term the installation calls it, and choose your file associations carefully, or you’ll live in Control Panel "fixing" this problem.

Hunt

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections