Z
Posted By
Zixca
Oct 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know there must be some instructions somewhere but I sure can’t find them. I am trying to create a desktop transparent icon for WinXP. My thanks for any help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TF
Terri_Foster
Nov 1, 2003
I just downloaded a free program today that might be what you are looking for. It allows you to create your own icons and cursors from scratch or an imported source. It’s called Pixeltoolbox. The directions are a little vague (even if it is a 41 page PDF file) so you’ll probably have to do some experimentation. I do know that you can create transparency around cursor or icon…and have areas inside transparent…but I’m not sure if you can change overall opacity. I got it off the tech tv web site www.techtv.com…download from www.axiomx.com. Usually, tech tv is pretty good about not recommending stuff with spy or ad ware but since I just downloaded it today I can’t swear it doesn’t have any. If this doesn’t fit your bill, you might want to check out the tech tv archives. Oh yeah, this program is pretty meaty its minimusm requirements are Pentium II 200MHz processor, 128MB available RAM,32 MB available RAM,20MB available disk space.

Terri

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections