Posted By
Rafaek_O.
May 7, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello everyone:
I use photo shop for everything on our company, from designing websites and multimedia screens to art that will get printed.

The company uses a SAVIN C3535 for our printed material, and it used to get us really good print quality…until now. When I print stuff directly from Photo shop it creates a weird "cutout" effect on the pictures (people and logos mostly) and creates like a black "noise" surrounding any black text in my art. Color text and shapes print out fine. Anything with tones looks bad. If I send the same file to print to different printer, it looks awesome!! Obviously it is the printer…Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this? i already contacted the printers’ tech support, but they haven’t been able to fix it (they keep blaming photo shop)

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JT
John_T_Smith
May 7, 2008
The obvious question would be… "What, exactly, have you changed since the last time it worked?"

That would include ALL updates to…
1-printer driver
2-windoze
3-photoshop
RO
Rafaek_O.
May 8, 2008
Thanks for replying John…That is the only issue I can think of, updates made to either of the 3 you mentioned. But there is no way for me to tell which of the 3 was the one that affected my process. We are still using Windows XP since we got the printer (but Microsoft sends updates all the time), I am not sure if Photoshop sends firmware updates frequently, The Fiery Software (what the printer uses) updates the drivers, but we have tried using all new drivers and using the ones it came with and it still gives us problems.
C
Charley
May 8, 2008
wrote in message
Thanks for replying John…That is the only issue I can think of, updates
made to either of the 3 you mentioned. But there is no way for me to tell which of the 3 was the one that affected my process. We are still using Windows XP since we got the printer (but Microsoft sends updates all the time), I am not sure if Photoshop sends firmware updates frequently, The Fiery Software (what the printer uses) updates the drivers, but we have tried using all new drivers and using the ones it came with and it still gives us problems.

If changing printers fixes the problem then it’s likely that the printer driver has been updated or there’s a bad cartridge in the printer.

Charley

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections