Posted By
Thomas_Rooney
Dec 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a DPP-EX5 digital photo printer, figuring the quality is much better than an inkjet. The quality is much better, but the colors are not right. Now I am not sure if it is over-exposed or under, over saturated or not. I scanned a few pictures and printed them. The skin tone was a little red, like the people in the picture had a sun-burn, and i am guessing the picture was over-exposed when printed, because the overall picture was lighter than the original. Here’s my question, I can adjust the sharpness, density and the R, G, B of the picture. Has anyone run into this problem with the printer, and was able to adjust these feature to correct it?
Thanks for any help you can give.

Tom

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 20, 2003
Tom, did the images on your monitor match your prints before you got the new printer? If so, you might want to contact Sony, because I don’t believe many (any?) people on the forum are using this brand and model. It could be as simple as a setting that needs to be changed.

The other thing you might want to do is calibrate your monitor, if you haven’t already done that. This site is a good one for help on that:

<http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7-colour/ps7_1.htm>

Along with monitor calibration info, he also goes into issues of color management in general. Do you have the settings turned on for color management? If so, you might want to try turning it off. Or, vice versa.

I know this isn’t any specific help, but you are kind of breaking new ground with your printer! 🙂
RD
Ray_Daudrumez
Dec 20, 2003
Croping problem in elements 2
There are no boxes on the sides, top and bottom of the croping outline to adjust the croping area. There are only the boxes on the corners. I tried restarting the program a few times but it did not help. This tool was working correctly at some point. Anyone with this problem? Any solutions? Thanks, Ray
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 20, 2003
This sounds like a job for resetting Preferences. (My specialty – people will chuckle.)

With Elements closed, click on the start up icon and then make a quick grab for (Win) the Control, Alt, and Shift keys (Mac) Command, Option, and Shift. Hold all three down until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes. The Preference folder will rebuild as Elements continues to launch.

Assuming this works, and it should, try it whenever something that used to work correctly quits. That folder will become mysteriously corrupted sometimes. Deleting it and starting over cures all kinds of strange problems.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 21, 2003
Ray, the boxes on the side won’t appear if you have dimensions set in the Crop tool. Hit the Clear button on the Crop tool toolbar and you’ll get a crop box with corner and side handles.

Chuck

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections