D
Posted By
Dude
Sep 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi. I have been using Photoshop 5.2 for about 1 year now and just a few weeks ago I got an error message saying "not enough memory (ram) to run photoshop. I see references similar here that this message comes up when loading some large files, but it comes up on my machine and prevents me from even starting the program. I removed it and reinstalled it and get the same message.
I have not installed anything new in the last 6 months.
I am using windows 98, 256 meg ram, 10 gig hard drive with 2 gig free, and have 89% system resources according to system performance in the control panel. I also let windows manage the swap file.
Norton antivirus 2003 runs in the background but always has before and let me run the program before.
I do not see any file ps.prefs or similar to check its contents or erase in case its corrupt. It appears the file does not exist even after a fresh remove and re-install.
Any help would be appreciated as to why it now will not even run.

Please reply here or to
Thanks in advance
Dave

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AM
Artin Mikaelyan
Sep 12, 2003
Dave,

Has your hard drive partishioned?
If yes then is better you to manage swap file. If there is C and D, it is better D drive to be a swap file…
Bu as you wrote – you have only 2 gigs free space….It is not much ;(

Regards,
Artin Mikaelyan – ArtMika

————————————————

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.518 / Virus Database: 316 – Release Date: 11.9.2003

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections