LP
Posted By
Laurie_Prindle
Jun 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi. I’m running Photoshop 6.0.1 on Mac 0S 9.2.1. I have never had any problems with it, but all of a sudden, I can’t get into it. When I open it, all I get is an empty bar across the top – no options. I’m pretty sure it’s running because if I open something else and look in the finder, Photoshop is listed. I can quit out of it only by using the Command Q. I’ve just been informed that Adobe no longer supports Photoshop 6.0. Can anyone help me?
Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Jun 24, 2004
Laurie,

I skipped Photoshop 6, but in 7 and 8, if you hit the tab key you get what you describe. Pressing it again restores your menus and palettes. Try that first.

If you’re stuck there, quit Photoshop, trash its preferences file and re-launch.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 24, 2004
While you’re at it, update to 6.0.1.

"All of a sudden" usually means "trash preferences".
R
Ram
Jun 24, 2004
Ed,

She says she’s running 6.0.1. Was there a 6.0.2 update maybe? (As I said, I skipped 6.)
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 24, 2004
Nope. Sorry, didn’t notice that, but saw the last sentence.
LP
Laurie_Prindle
Jun 24, 2004
Do you mean "presets?" I couldn’t locate a "preferences" file in the Photoshop folder.

Thanks for your help,
Laurie
LP
Laurie_Prindle
Jun 24, 2004
Ramon,

Hmmm. The tab thing didn’t work either, but thanks for trying.
R
Ram
Jun 24, 2004
Laurie,

No, Preferences. The preferences files for all applications are inside your System Folder, inside another folder called Preferences.
LP
Laurie_Prindle
Jun 24, 2004
Ramon & Ed,

Trashing the preferences did the trick! Thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections